Monday 6 May 2024

Still Slow Stitching -- Poppies

               Been doing some family history research . Just reflecting on things .




Saturday 20 April 2024

Time to stitch and relax ๐ŸŒฟ


   Life has been keeping me busy and there has been very little time to sit down , relax and really concentrate on my little Seraphim .

 After a busy morning in the vegetable garden , doing laundry and cooking lunch , I finally got to flop down in the summerhouse and do some embroidery .....and I did a little bit more of it . 

    I'm using fine silk embroidery thread on some beautiful ecclesiastical brocade cloth .                           

        I am thinking of going larger with this and embroidering it again with crewel wool .


For a bit of fun and less intense stitching I've been stitching along with Kathryn on her Youtube channel K3n slow stitch .  I came to it a bit late and have only done the Eclipse and the Wolf Moon . 

It has been especially lovely to sit and stitch along with her for a blissful hour or so , and listen to her lovely chatting away . So happy and so relaxing . 

This weeks prompt is Planet Earth and Kathryn has shown us ideas to inspire us to do this ...her way or your own way . It's really relaxing and fun . It is lovely to see what everyone is doing over on her Facebook group .

I think the idea is to stitch these into a cloth journal . Others are making them into wall hangings or bags usual , I have no idea yet what I will do with mine ! 

I'm just enjoying piecing my leftover scraps of material together . Using old clothes or scraps of patchwork cottons and lace .

It doesn't have to be perfectly stitched , neatly hemmed nor straight . Frayed and wonky is the new beautiful !  And it really is !  I'm delighted with what I've made so far .

                    More Dolly patchwork is being planned !

I have been sorting out my tiniest leftover cotton scraps , cutting them into very small squares and clipping them together and into this little clear zip up bag . All this lovely "stuff" goes into my little linen laundry bag and comes with me wherever we go in the car . I always find small moments of time to pull it out and do a little more of whatever I'm working on . 

It has been sunny today and it got quite hot ..I had to go change from my winter jumper into a summer blouse ! 

Pictures from our late afternoon walk .....

     After months of stormy weather , it was amazing to see the sea so calm .

                                Blue sky .

                      Not the slightest breeze and so quiet  .

 Hope you are having gentle weather where ever you are and time to relax and stitch  .


Monday 1 April 2024

Seraphim - green and gold ...maybe


                                           Woodland Seraphim       

                              Still playing with colours ......  ๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿ•Š️

Friday 29 March 2024

๐Ÿ”ฅSeraphim - Wings of Fire ๐Ÿ”ฅ

 The white Seta Reale Silk has been a joy to work with and of course the Silk Mill Silk .

      Now with angelic guidance , I feel moved to stitch the Seraphim's wings of fire .

I decide to use some antique silk . The colours are like no other make of silk embroidery threads . 

                                       I only use for special pieces .

                          Peek-a-boo !

                              Thinking about the eyes , what do you think ?

                                      Seraphim have eyes on their wings !


Wednesday 20 March 2024

Angel Wings Silk


I came to a bit of a stand still on my seraphim project . When I came to stitch the wings , I wasn't sure if I had enough thread  . 

This order of the Heavenly Angels have six wings !

The gorgeous silk thread that I have been using is from The Silk Mill in France , which have temporarily closed  ๐Ÿ˜” boo hoo ...  So I had to find another , as close as possible to it .

I was lucky to find this little lot of Seta Reale thread on Ebay and the thread thickness size 30 looks to be a good match . I believe this silk thread is made in Hungary and is also difficult to find now .

                                                        So I'll give it a try ! ๐Ÿค๐Ÿ•Š️๐ŸŒฟ

Sunday 17 March 2024

๐Ÿ•Š️Seraphim ๐Ÿ•Š️


                            Suddenly inspired to embroider this little Seraphim .

Wednesday 14 February 2024

Thursday 1 February 2024