Sunday 25 August 2024

The Flower of the Fal Fruit Schooner Embroidery - Restoration- the icky bit ⚓

 

 I'm afraid this is the "icky" bit ...and today's pictures are not pretty !

I have taken the cushion apart , which took me ages snipping away , stitch by stitch , thread by thread .

Revealing the hessian sack cloth !  I still can't believe I must have used an old potato sack !

I then went over the whole embroidery cutting off all the bobbles with my really sharp scissors . It looks so much better now that I've done that .

I then had to match up some of my Appleton's crewel wool , to repair some of the snagged areas . Obviously I no longer have any of my hand made woolen thread .

I need to find some gold thread .......I need to find the box that has the gold thread in  .......


                                         So that will be all for today ! 

                                                         ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿ’š⚓

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .