Friday 30 August 2024

🐬The Flower Of the Fal Schooner Embroidery Restoring - continued ⚓

 

So I have been really busy stitching away , filling in gaps and fixing down snaggy bits .

I corrected the fly away sail .

So now it looks to be behind the top mast sails and makes sense to the eye .


It was nice to stroke my old dogs fur again , so soft .He was such a soft and gentle old golden retriever . In case you haven't been following ...I had mixed his beautiful brushed out moulted fur with some long sheep fleece and spun it into the woolen thread on my spinning wheel and used it to do the sails of the schooner .

Some of the wool that I spun was thin for the sails and the thick chunky wool I dyed with leaves and flowers from our old cottage garden and used to embroider foliage and simple flowers to frame it .


I took off the old shredded and torn gold thread and replaced it with this lovely vintage twisted gold beauty .

It took me ages to couch down , lasso to the back with the aid of a stiletto and fasten off , but well worth the time spent on it . It looks so much better .


                    Hoping I can find some time to do a bit more of this tomorrow .

p.s . We in the U.K say lassoo .....but ....my American son-in -law says that in America they say - lasso . I think they actually use them more than we do, so on this occasion , he wins !  Yee-haw ! 

                                                    ⚓ 🤍🐬

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .