Monday 29 July 2024

🐬Of Ships and Mermaids ⚓🌿

 


I think I started this towards the end of  February 2023 . I had come to a halt with it . 

I wasn't sure if it was finished or if should I do more with it .

I decided to put it away and come back to it at a later date .


Well , I took it out of  my needlework basket again today and straight away I could see a couple of things that I needed to modify .

I don't like the way I have underlined her face . . I think it was a sixteenth or seventeenth century woodcut , so my thinking had been that I still wanted to capture the feel of the woodcut .

I had re-stitched that "underline" several times ..black  then  pink and then this purply pink .  

It just didn't work  . 


So today I pulled it all out  .......


                        ........ aah .....that feels so much better !   


                                                                🐬⚓🌿

                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .