Sunday 8 May 2022

Flora Day 2022 - Helston

 


I haven't had much time for sitting and stitching . I am extremely busy in my potting shed and the vegetable garden at the moment . 

It was Flora Day yesterday and my grandson was dancing with Parc Eglos School , so I wanted to record that on my calendar embroidery .Even though as it turned out I couldn't go 😞

There are lots of videos on Youtube that people are now sharing of the wonderful day and my daughter sent me lots of photos . Grandma is SO proud !

Over 1,000 children dance through the town all dressed in white with a button hole of Lily of the Valley , Helston's flower and this year is the 100 year anniversary of the Childrens' Dance .

Our Parc Eglos boys wear red ties and the girlies wear Poppies and Buttercups in their hair .

I have only made a little start on this one and it is hard to make the white to show up very clearly ,but it is a memory for me and I will know what it is . Sorry about that .  I will add more to it . I just wanted to give an update here today  . Helston Town Band are awesome ! We are SO proud of them ! Got to stitch that Big Bass Drum .

Will add some more and better pics soon . Oh my ! How time flies !


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Still Slow Stitching -- Poppies