Saturday 16 May 2020

Be love - another page for my little cloth book


                         Saturday stitching - So next I chose " Be love "


 I embroidered over the words with green thread and then wondered for a long time , about what I should do next .
        I felt that I should  keep this very simple and uncluttered .


I lightly sketched on a dove carrying an olive branch , a symbol of peace and love everywhere .


 I used my own design , that I had embroidered before on this felt heart .


I used DMC Pearl cotton thread no 8 to stitch the  outline and then DMC cotton embroidery thread to fill in with satin stitch . I used all six threads , as it pulls off the skein , to make it nice and chunky and to stand out against the cream linen .


I had an relaxing afternoon sitting in the garden in the warm sunshine , slowly stitching my dove .
 Other people on the Facebook group have finished their little books, some are saying they have done three already ! I look at the photos they are sending in and they are so lovely ! I just don't know how they can do them so fast !
  I just couldn't get going on mine , I thought about it and thought about it and had a few false starts , which I felt were rubbish , it was as if I was hitting a brick wall .
  I was reassured that there was no deadline and the idea is to just enjoy the process of stitching from the heart and turn it into a little treasure book for yourself .
 I am going to embroider my  little cloth book and hopefully find some little treasured scraps , beads and buttons to add later on .


                  Anyway , I am loving making my little cloth book now .


                                    I might finish this page  tomorrow .


                                          Love and Peace to you !

1 comment:

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Time to stitch and relax 🌿