Thursday 14 May 2020

Happy to be me :)

Ha ha ha ! Belly Dancing me !


 Scribbled on with pencil and stitched with Perle cotton thread and DMC cotton threads . Mostly back stitch , stem stitch , satin stitch , a few Colonial knots for my ear-rings and flower centres , some of my hair is couching stitch , Lazy daisy stitch flowers  and very raggedy Button-hole stitch around the edges of the page ... especially at the bottom to give the effect of long grass .


                                                I love to dance !


 A very simple and roughly stitched Button-hole stitch around the edge .


And for those who always want to look at the back ! I started and finished with a knot and tail on the back . 
 When I do my crewel work , especially more precious projects , then I usually start and end on the front .
  For my simple little cloth book , its free and easy who cares kind of stitching !


So now the first page that I did , does not look colourful enough !
   I think if I do a more colourful button stitch around the edge , it might help to make it work again .
    I,m making this up as I go along you see . I,m really loving these cheerful colours .
 I was deciding which page to do next  .....


                                             ....... this one maybe  ?


       At that very moment I looked up and saw these two hearts in the sky !
                                                 A sign maybe !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

💐Flora Day - Stitching Memories 💐