Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Baby Sitting Stitching πŸ’πŸ’š✨


 I was baby sitting the other day . So packed up my basket with a few things to keep my hands busy .


I am still deciding which fabric to use to cover the back of my Angel embroidery .


I think it will be this gorgeous green.....but .....I still need to think about it .


 White , Green or Cloth of Gold  .....not a decision for today ....probably green , green .....   ✨✨✨


So I decided to leave that for another day and play with my scrap basket instead .


                 I save my tiniest scraps to make dolly quilts .


                                                             πŸŒΏπŸ¦‹πŸŒΏ


                                                            🌿πŸ€ͺ🌿   



                  I'm thinking of doing a full sized quilt for myself . 


 I love piecing patchwork baskets , so I might do a combination of patchwork and applique .


            These tiny scraps will be great for leaves and flower petals .


As I sort through my scraps I found this tiny piece ..... πŸ’š..... memories ....


 My father gave me some money to go and buy a dress for myself in a little fashion boutique in Woolwich High Street . I was about fifteen or sixteen and it was the first time I had ever caught the bus on my own and the first time I had ever bought clothes for myself . 
            It was such a pretty dress !
 ⚓  I also went for a ride on the ferry .....it was free back then  ... across the Thames and back just for fun  !    🚒
 
Anyway ......
 So this is a tiny piece from that dress ! I have stitched pieces of material from that dress into lots of my quilts . 


                                 Precious memories , happy days .

 I already knew Ricardo , my husband . We were both in the Red Cross , different units ...but met up when attending the "Courage Club "in Crayford , where we helped organise a youth club for disabled children .
              Oh ! We had SO much fun !
      Lots of activities , playing games and even the occasional disco !


               Many of my scraps hold precious memories like these .


I sat stitching in a more random way today . Gradually tiny pieces all coming together .  
    

                         A quilt or small comforter maybe .


         Thats all for today folks ! ...... and the babies were good as gold !

                                  Peace and Love πŸ•Š️πŸ’š

                                          Debbie  πŸ’ x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .