Thursday 23 September 2021

Luna Lapin no 2 - pink - for my Mum

 

Mum's birthday fast approaching , I decided to make her a Luna Lapin .  I haven't even finished my first one yet . So now I'm working on two sets of lovely Luna dresses . 

As you can see , we ran out of elastic !


I'm making the Polka Dot Dress from the " Making Luna Lapin " book by Sarah Peel .

It is the Polka Dot Dress pattern - page 50 in the book .

O.K So it's not Polka Dot fabric but .....

I was given a big bundle of lovely vintage sewing things from a sweet friend and lots of beautiful fabric remnants and found this gorgeous Liberty of London Cotton Tana Lawn - Tresco in amongst it all .  It seemed perfect for a Cornish Luna Lapin !


I found the collar very fiddly and found it easier to sew  it by hand . Tricky going round those curves on the sewing  machine . The rest was fairly straight forward to sew on the sewing machine .


                                     Next I will attempt to make her some shoes .




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Seraphim - green and gold ...maybe