Wednesday 3 February 2021

Erica Wilson 's Beginners Spring Tree Crewel Picture part 4 -Squirrel Tails


I couldn't relate to the Chipmunks as we don't have them here in the U.K. So I changed them into two English Red Squirrels . 
I worked the Squirrel's tails with Ghiordes Stitch/ Turkey work Stitch  .So called because this is where it has come from and primarily used for making beautiful carpets and prayer mats . The embroidery version of it is slightly different though to the hand woven carpet stitch .


It is embroidered by making a loop and then working a tiny back stitch over the base of the loop . Then repeat in rows . Cut the loops , trim and fluff up as I have done on this Squirrel , see picture above .
I wont demonstrate here as there are plenty of youtube videos that show how to do it .


I quite liked the effect of the unsnipped loops and I think I will leave this one as it is .
 Next to do .....Mr Froggy !  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

💐Flora Day - Stitching Memories 💐