Sunday 3 May 2020

Ellen's Legacy -slow stitched books - started mine :)


                            Hello everyone and how are you all doing ?

                           Sorry about the sunshine ! Very bright picture  !

 Here I have gathered a few scraps of cloth , needle and threads .

  It was nice to see the sunshine by the way !

I have been following a lovely group on Facebook called the Ellen's Legacy -slow stitched books  and have joined in with the fun !
 I will give you the link here to go to the website of Paula MacGregor who can tell you all about it far better than me .
 It is a beautiful story and I,m sure that you will enjoy having a go at making your own little slow stitched book .
Come and join the group on Facebook .
This is the link to Paula's website - that tells the beautiful story .
http://www.paulamacgregor.com/ellens-legacy.html

                 Simply drawn onto fabric with a pencil and back stitched.

 I,ve always found embroidery to be very calming and have always enjoyed doing small meditative pieces in-between my bigger projects or whenever I,m feeling anxious  .


       I am putting my medieval needlework basket aside for a little while .

                                             I will come back to it !

  Every now and then the worries of the world try to get to me . I will not let it !

                            Putting up the Runner-bean frame , me ! :)
 So I have immersed myself in my vegetable gardening and jobs do be done .Lots of baking and trying new recipes .
Getting to bed early and making sure , I get as good a night's sleep as I can get .
 I listen to music ,  rather than the never ending stream of miserable news reporting .
     I don't want to talk about it , nor invoke it's name !
                        Keep yourself as cheerful as you can be .
    We are staying in , having our shopping delivered as and when we can find a slot . Doing our bit to lessen the stress on our National Health Service . To whom we are so very ,very grateful .
                I,m trying to stay calm , go carefully one day at a time .
                               And do lots and lots of embroidery ! :)

 
                   Embroidery is calming , helps me forget all my worries .
 So , the idea here , is to use what you have . You know all those bits and  bobs that you have squirreled away over the years .
   Little bits of embroidery , vintage embroidered tea tray cloths , worn out and tatty , treasured scraps of antique lace , little keepsakes , buttons , beads and  ribbons , badges ,photos, brooches , sea shells ,bus tickets , pockets , love tokens , pretty fabric scraps , all manner of embroidery threads , silks and wool . All freely stitched as you so desire .
 .....and stitch the covers and pages and put them all together with ribbon to tie  or a pretty bead or button to fasten .
   A little treasury book of embroidery stitches souvenirs and mementos .... but the real pleasure is in the making of it .

                                      Scruffy stitched butterfly ! 

So I am making a little book of affirmations for myself .
I can't really tell you any more than that . No real plan . No idea how to put it together  yet .  I am just letting it reveal itself as I go along . I will post more pics as I go along .


                      Here are a couple of pages , stitched before bed time .


 Old cotton embroidery threads , but I will change and  mix up threads .


 Not every page will be like this . I want to do some pure meditation stitching, colours and moods , straight from the heart stuff too ...as it flows from my heart and  mind .
 Therapy stitching. Like when I was stitching my sea inspired pieces ( I know you thought that was weird ! ) and medieval stars in earlier posts .


 You can click to enlarge my pictures , but don't look too close at my stitching , be kind ! :)

                      O.k so I'll tidy up that scruffy butterfly just for you ! 
                            Have a beautiful and blessed Sunday .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

💐Flora Day - Stitching Memories 💐