Monday 2 December 2019

Sea Inspired Meditation Embroidery


After a clear cold night and a frosty early morning , which had all gone by sunrise , we set off for a walk along the cliffs .
 We didn't go too far , but we wanted to get out and enjoy the sunshine today !


We walked to the Marconi Monument , where we love to sit and just look out over the sparkling sea and blue sky and feel the warmth of the sun on our faces .


                                     Today you could see for miles !


This is looking towards St Michael's  Mount , where there are already daffodils in full bloom !


 I had brought along , a scrap of linen and a small selection of crewel wool in shades of blue , a chenille needle and my tiny scissors and began a simple " Sea Inspired " meditation embroidery .
  A more contemporary piece deliberately different from my usual style .
I'll show you my usual meditative stitching in my next post .


Just a calming little piece , just stitching as the mood takes me , going with the flow, enjoying the rhythm and the simplicity of little chain stitches .


                                       I,m in the mood for blue today .


                  The soft , blue wool , warm and soothing in my hands .


Not even the slightest breeze today , warm sunshine and so peaceful and quiet .
              Such a blessing after all the rain and gales last week !


 Soothing little stitches , tears of sadness, tears of joy , ripples on the sea , shoals of tiny fish , white sea foam .  Thoughts unfolding through my needle .
  Comforting rhythm as the needle passes through the linen cloth scrap .


                                      Gentle waves lapping the shore .


We sat and talked happy talk , reminiscing about when the children were small and of the dogs we'd walked along these cliffs   .


 We watched a little bird , who flew down quite close , flew off and came back again to the same spot over and over again .
  I found myself  looking closer at the seedpods of flowers from last summer , bleached in the sun , the wind and the rain .  So much inspiration  !


Simple Lazy Daisy stitches my mother taught me ! I looked it up and found that this is more properly known as detached chain stitch or sometimes known as isolated chain stitch .
                                No hoop ... my cloth just gently held in hand . Relax .


  Looking towards the cliffs , tin mines and engine houses along Rinsey , between Porthleven and Praa Sands . Memories of so many beautiful walks with our dogs along that stretch of the cliffs , with my dear friend Kath and her lovely old Labrador Elsa . My dear old friend knew where we could find four leaved clover leaves .......and took me there ..... and sure enough....we each found one !
 I still have mine in a little picture frame !
             She moved away ......


                                  The rugged cliffs and caves of Poldhu .
 I think we all need more days like this and to get out and make the most of these precious hours .
  I am enjoying this free and easy meditative embroidery , so very therapeutic .


                                      I don't feel that is is finished yet .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Time to stitch and relax 🌿