Friday 6 September 2024

⚓The Red Ensign - finished ๐Ÿฌ

 

Finished the embroidery of the Red Ensign sitting in the car waiting while husband was in the hair dressers .


Going to put it aside . I am mulling over a couple of ideas of what to do with it .

I think, looking at this photo , that I need to slightly widen one of the white bands at the top ...but hmm...it might  just be the angle of the camera . The white bands are slightly wider on the right side of each diagonal arm , giving the appearance as if of windmill sails turning in the wind . Probably not the heraldically correct way of describing it , but that is how I always think of it .  

It is a beautiful flag !

Yep , anyway , that was pretty intense fast stitching !  


So next I have started this fearsome fish .  From an 17th century map .

                                                            ๐ŸŒฟ  ⚓ ๐ŸŒฟ

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .