Thursday 18 January 2024

A Puritan Maid 1645 - part three

 

Filling in the brim of her large black hat . Thinking to myself this is going to take forever !

I ran out of black silk thread . Found some bargain price skeins on Ebay . Ordered two skeins ....and now I realize that they are not real silk but horrible rayon !

Anyway , searching through my small collection of The Silk Mill embroidery threads , I find a skein labelled as "Boot Black " which I think actually is perfect . 


                                                 I couched a cord of green .


 .....and continue embroidering the crown of the hat . 

 I am still going back and forth to add more character  to her face . 

I don't usually like hard black lines around features but in this case it gives the look of a 17th century woodcut , which I think is perfect .

O.k. my lovelies ...I have to go and put another log on the fire and prepare some lunch .

Cheerio for now !   Debbie x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Time to stitch and relax 🌿