Thursday 16 November 2023

Angel with Vielle

 

O.K. So now you can see it's an Angel playing a vielle (medieval violin ) .

It comes from a medieval book of hours that I found on Pinterest  -The British Library MS Viewer -1320 Maastrichter Stundenbuch f187v 

The silk is so beautiful and shiny it is difficult to photograph , but I will do my best .


 The silk thread I have used thus far is from The Silk Mill in France.

 Gorgeous silk embroidery threads, so beautifully tightly twisted and labelled  ...I have been to afraid to open them up for fear of them becoming a totally tangled mess . But as it turns out they are with care , easy to use and to also twist up tidily again .




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

💐Flora Day - Stitching Memories 💐