Monday 17 August 2020

Comet Neowise almost finished


I have been busy filling in the tail with colonial knots and the night sky with swirling stem stitch . I am using crewel wool for this .
  The comet and stars are quite a thick Anchor perle cotton thread .
  I don't usually mix different threads , you know , crewel wool , cotton perle , silk or metallics . In fact I,m pretty sure that I have never mixed threads . I feel uncomfortable about adding beads too , no rule about this , it's just silly old me .
  Anyway , but it does then become mixed media surface embroidery I suppose .
    Crewel embroidery is only crewel embroidery if you are only using crewel wool .
Having used this perle thread , I think does give a nice texture to it that I am liking and it has a lovely sheen to it too .
 I need to do another photo-shoot because a fly landed on the tail as I was taking the photos of it , I only noticed it after I put the photos onto the computer ...sigh .
    Oh ! Well !  See you later !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Time to stitch and relax 🌿