Wednesday 2 January 2019

Daisy's Stitch-a-Day 2019 challenge

                                                   January 1st 2019

 Happy New Year to everybody ! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas .
 Yesterday I began my Stitch-a-Day 2019 challenge ..no matter what other projects I am doing ...I am going to do a little of this every day of the year and just see how it turns out !
I have seen lots of people doing these Stitch-a-Day for a Year embroideries and thought it would really be a great project for me to do ....since I find it very hard when I come to the end of a project to get everything ready for the next . This will keep me calm enough to do that . PTSD ( which is a lot better now and  fading ) makes me feel like I,m hitting a brick wall...but once I,ve broken through it and got everything I need for my embroidery project together , then I am fine and it's plain sailing again .
  It will be my comforter in my handbag , ready to pull out and stitch whenever I have a few minutes or feel inspired during the day .
 I thought that I would begin with my home , our cottage in the middle of this old scrap of linen cloth . With a pencil I drew a very simple and freehand sketch of our cottage .
 I stitched over this with my crewel wool and that was as far as I got with it yesterday .

Little dog has been poorly again , vet , medicine, worried again , short walks only along our little Cornish country lane .....spied violets ..lots of them ....to cheer us up !
                           Violets down our lane in Mullion 2nd January .
           
                   How lovely to see the Violets again so early in the year !


 I stitched a little more today . I will show you how this is coming along from time to time..just not every day .

2 comments:

  1. The stitch-a-day is a lovely idea. I try and do something a-day whether its knitting, embroidery or patchwork

    Happy New Year

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hello ,thanks for dropping in ! I love and am inspired by your blog and lovely pictures . Happy New Year to you ! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Time to stitch and relax 🌿