Wednesday 26 September 2018

Peace , Love and Joy Felt Hearts and Birdies


 Sorry ! I,ve not posted on here for a while . Husband has had hip replacement surgery and there have been many hospital appointments . He is doing really well thanks to the wonderful Surgeon, Doctors and nurses .
 Anyway.....
 I,ve had absolutely no computer time and not enough time to organise my next proper embroidery project .
 However I was inspired over at Wendy's Sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com do go take a look ..where she has been stitching flowery felt hearts and birds and inviting us all to have a go . A big thankyou to Wendy for inspiring me ! Here are my felt hearts and birds creations that I,d like to share with you all .
This would be the perfect little things to sit and stitch whilst sitting in the  hospital and physio waiting room .
 First a trip to good ol' Hobbycraft to pick a bunch of cheerful ,bright and colourful squares of felt . I just used up my hoarded left overs of cotton embroidery threads..I just cant bare to throw any away...I just randomly picked the colours as I went along .


I drew the words on in pencil and on the dark fabrics I used a fine white fabric propelling pencil .. I decided to travel back to the funky 60's in my embroidery time machine and spread a little peace , love and joy !


                           Calmly stitching while a gale raged outside .


                              I must say these are really quite addictive !


              These will be going on my funky Christmas tree this year ...along with the colourful fairy lights and silver tinsel .


     They will then be hung up in my kitchen to keep it cheerful all year round .


I only used the most simple embroidery stitches on these , mostly lazy- daisy,colonial knots,back-stitch, stem stitch ,satin stitch and button-hole stitch around the edge . A pretty ribbon to hang with and a little bit of stuffing to fill and some have lavender too .
 I,m just making a couple more .....  :)   ......very addictive !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Time to stitch and relax 🌿