Tuesday 21 January 2020

Divine Love upon the Wheel Hildegard von Bingen update



I thought about doing those "petals" in long and short stitch gradually blending the different shades of blue crewel wool , but that isn't the way it's painted .
 The painting shows the lovely shades of blue swirling about like little clouds .
I decided the best way to get the painterly effect on those petals was to work them in Colonial Knots . 
  I think I can replicate that effect .... oh well .. let's see what happens !


 It is much harder than I thought choosing not only the blues but the whites too .
It seems that Appletons do lots of different shades of white crewel wool ....and guess what .... I don't have the brilliant white shade that I need  !  It needs to be a very bright white . The one in the picture above is too dull .
  So I,ll have to leave the white areas until I can get my hands on some !


I also stitched a bit of the dark blue Acanthus leaf shape in the right hand corner .
It,s been a gardening day for me today , the weather has been so nice , but I made time to do a little more of it this evening .
 

1 comment:

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Angel Wings Silk