Sunday 8 December 2019

Wild Windy Night Stitching


Here I am in the study. I,ve closed the curtains on the storm that's brewing up outside ! The wind is howling and I,m afraid there will be some damage tonight .


 So I,m listening to some nice music and relaxing with my embroidery .
   I hadn't intended this to be anything in particular , it is just a nice scrap of relaxing meditation embroidery , but I have been thinking about what I might do with it and I have a few ideas .
   I tore off another strip of linen of a similar size and have been examining it .


                   It looks very old. I love vintage linen , it feels so nice .


I want to show off it's lovely fibres and so I spent about an hour with my needle , pulling away the woven threads .


Very satisfying , I could have pulled it all to pieces I was so deep in thought .


 At the moment I have what are beginning to look like two embroidered borders .


 I continued with the Lazy Daisy stitches , enjoying all the soothing shades of blue .

   It is getting late so I think I will continue this in bed for a little while before sleep .
We,ve had some torrential rain and had a few lightening flashes , but it's the wind that is rather worrying this evening .


                             Here's hoping that it wont last too long .

1 comment:

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Seraphim - green and gold ...maybe