Wednesday 3 April 2019

Pretty Blue Windmills


The weather has been glorious here in the far South West of Cornwall and I have been very busy in the garden , especially the vegetable garden  .
 I have still been doing a little of this embroidery every day , but not had time to take the photos and upload them for you .


As you already know , I am just making this up as I go and this week I have been enchanted by all the Spring flowers appearing out in the lane and on our Cornish Hedge . One of my favourites is the  Vinca Major , the Greater Periwinkle...or as I call them " Pretty Blue Windmills " . I have several different varieties of it and am on the look out for others , mainly because it seems to always be in flower all through the year . It dances through the bushes , skips along  our Cornish hedge , it makes for a delightful ground-cover .


         I thought they would make for a pretty border in my embroidery .


                 Some have variegated leaves and some are plain green .


    I know it is not perfectly stitched , but I am enjoying myself with it and feeling happy and relaxed .
                                       
    Cold weather has returned !
   Like pretty blue windmills turning in the wind ...and the weather has turned windy too ! It is cold again and we are having rain with hailstones .
           I have come in from the garden , to be warm beside the fire .


    The flowers appear all different shades of blue from light sky blue to cornflower blue through to violet .


                                          Happily stitching me .

1 comment:

  1. Great idea about Vinca flowers, they frame your picture very nicely.
    Very similar weather here, after SPRING we are now back to cold and rain :-(
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Seraphim - green and gold ...maybe