Wednesday 30 May 2018

Briggs No 12305



 So with a still very sore thumb ...I had a rummage through my vintage embroidery transfers ....and found this lovely one .
                         I just adore vintage embroidery transfers !
I don't usually like the "Crinoline Lady" pictures but I think this might be quite an early one . Maybe Edwardian ? I,m no expert ! It just has a different look to it than the usual "Crinoline Lady ".
O.k so they give me the creeps .....maybe because I cant see the face under that big bonnet ! But for some reason this one is O.k ...and I love that she is actually working in the garden .


 She is very fragile and I was not sure if there was enough transfer ink left on her so , I decided to make another copy on paper with a transfer pencil .


 I,m not all that happy with this particular pencil..the last time I did this I went over the lines too lightly and it didn't come out .
 This time I pressed a little too hard and it has ironed on to my linen a little too splodgy .... but never mind....
 It came out a bit splodgy on the "Life is Beautiful " Sampler too for that matter ..it is hard to get it right !


 .....we will just see how this goes , I will have to make sure to cover all the pattern lines .

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I think you did a very good job. Working with things this delicate is not always so easy. I love that you are keeping these old transfers and reusing them today. I have a heart for anything vintage . . . after all I'm vintage, too :) Have a sweet day and happy stitching.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Seraphim - green and gold ...maybe