Sunday 25 March 2018

Church of St Peter and St Paul Cattistock Dorchester - Angels


 Clutching a pot of sweetly scented Violets for the lovely Rev Linda Wilcock , who gave me permission to take photographs of the William Morris and Sir Edward Burne-Jones stained glass window , from which I have embroidered one of the Pre-Raphaelite Angels .


 We drove for miles along very worrying narrow country lanes and eventually were very relieved to find the imposing Church of St Peter and St Paul in Cattistock , Dorchester ....also that we found somewhere to park along the drive that leads up to the Church !
 Pretty Snowdrops everywhere !


 I wasn't prepared  for just how much Arts and Crafts period style I was going to see and I can tell you I am still just blown away by the beauty of it all .
  If you're in the area , it's well worth a visit !
So standing here I,m already drawn in by that beautifully embroidered Altar cloth ...and just had to get a closer look .


                            I wonder who did this beautiful Goldwork ?


 These stars are repeated all throughout the church . in the stained glass windows and paintings on the walls and ceiling .


                 This is a lovely one . I must try my hand at more Goldwork .


  The William Morris and Sir Edward Burne-Jones Stained glass window .
          So this is the stained glass window that I came to see !


                                It is just breathtakingly beautiful !


 I am thinking about embroidering another Angel , very hard to choose which one .



 I was quite moved to see my Angel , he took me by the hand through some difficult times .


 There are several other beautiful stained glass windows , this child Angel just melted my heart too .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Angel Wings Silk