Wednesday 7 February 2018

Bluebirds


Recovering slowly from flu ....and the weather is not helping . I,m keeping away from everybody, not wishing to give it to anyone else .
  Not getting much sleep with the annoying chesty cough .


 But I picked up my needle and thread yesterday evening and stitched a couple of little bluebirds . These I drew freehand with a pencil directly onto the linen .
  Both are therefore slightly different , it's very relaxing just to draw your own designs with a pencil .

       ... and very satisfying to see how they turn out as I stitch .


 I wanted to say thank-you to Alison for the pretty pin cushion and vintage and Liberty print needle-case that I won from her recent "Give Away " over on her lovely "Stitches of Time " wordpress blog .


 So pretty and the Liberty print reminds me of when I worked at Liberty's many years ago !

 I love them to pieces ! ..especially that little purple flower button in the middle !
     Thankyou once again Alison..and there will be a "thankyou note " coming your way , just as soon as I get rid of the flu bugs !


We have had a dusting of snow, this is the view from my bedroom window .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Time to stitch and relax 🌿