Monday 13 November 2017

Gold !


           I,m finding this hard to put down..and now I,m thinking gold !
 I,m waiting to hear from the museum ...to tell me what metal the brooch is made from ... I,m sure it's not gold ..but maybe copper or bronze .


                                            Or should I leave it as it is ?


 The back . Not too untidy after starting and ending on the front of the piece .
The brooch has a very satisfying heavy weight to it ,with all these little embroidered stitches . I,m not aiming for it to look the same on the back as on the front...I,m happy with it .
 I didn't use a hoop /frame . The linen around is nice , flat and unpuckered .
 I may use a hoop for this little bit of gold-work though .


         So now I,m enjoying looking through my box of golden threads  .

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to mount it and make it into a brooch? It would make such a lovely thing to wear maybe on a hat, or coats? Your embroidery is like a jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very very beautiful
    Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Seraphim - green and gold ...maybe