Monday 13 February 2017

Hopping mad !


                                                           Hopping mad !
I had planned to stitch all the gold areas next , but the numbers on the wool skein labels do not match the numbers on the instruction leaflet picture chart . I studied it for ages....and gave myself a headache .
 The labels on the skeins are 3, 4 and 5 ...but the small yellow flower is marked as being 2 , 3 and 4. T he butterfly is marked as being stitched in 2 , 3 , 4 and 5 . It quite clearly says on the instruction sheet that there are three shades of each colour in the kit .


                                It is a vintage kit , so I cant contact anyone to ask .


     So I stitched the happy little froggy next instead , before returning to the gold areas .
 I just did the best I could  .
 I,m now doing the caterpillar , which is worked in an altogether even more terrifying stitch  known as Tufted Stitch , in forest green and light gold .
  So here goes .....I,m not going to attempt a tutorial here..these are sort of back stitches which hold down little loops , which are then snipped to give a furry or carpet effect .


                                                               Stress !
                     I did once know how to do this stitch , a very long time ago ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Seraphim - green and gold ...maybe